Modifying reconciled receipts

If you have coded a receipt to an incorrect tax code you can either:

  • create a general ledger journal to transfer the receipt from the incorrect tax code to the correct one
  • modify the original posting, if it has not already been reconciled in Bank Reconciliation.

If the original posting has already been reconciled to your bank statement, you must restore the posting in Bank Reconciliation. See Restoring bank reconciliations.

All bank reconciliations made after the posting's reconciliation need to be restored and abandoned to restore the original posting. If you have made bank reconciliations since reconciling the posting, we recommend you make an adjustment rather than restoring the original posting.